Northland Innovation Centre (NIC) endeavours to keep an up-to-date database of sustainability research undertaken in Northland. This will enable the flow and sharing of best practice in the region. If you know of existing sustainability research initiatives, please let us know and we will include these in our database.
This database will help new and existing researchers pool their resources and build on existing research. We plan to turn information we collect into a searchable research knowledge database for Northland. If you are interested in contributing, collaborating or learning more about sustainability research initiatives, please contact us.
Past research (selection)
- Azolla Algae as bio-fertiliser/ bio-fuel
- Solar PV for industrial buildings – NorthTec
- Northland Pure branding for organic produce – Sustainability Network
- EV for company fleets – NorthTec
- Energy efficient buildings for the North – NorthTec
- Lignin Polymers – value add from timber
- ‘No Nasties’ Food – grower survey
- Waste to value streams – sample survey